Red Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit an experienced Toolmaker on a permanent basis for our clients busy manufacturing operation based in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire.
This role is responsible for the repair and maintenance of plastic injection moulds and tooling in line with production and customer requirements to support business objectives.
Candidate duties will include:
• To ensure that wherever possible, the repair and maintenance of production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame
• To modify tools as required by business or customer request
• To produce new tools, moulds and hot plate welding jigs in line with project and business objectives
• To test and confirm electrical and hydraulic / pneumatic operation of tools before return to production
• To maintain the highest standard of workmanship at all times
• To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Toolroom database
• To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
• To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability
Candidate experience will include:
• Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Hot runner systems’ i.e.Mould masters & HRS
• Tig welding skills and certification
• Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
• Capable of polishing to 3 micron mirror finish
An apprentice-served Toolmaker, preferably with an ONC / HNC in Mechanical Engineering and having worked in automotive sector would be also advantageous.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm-an element of flexibility during busy periods is required.
Starting salary £35kpa depending on experience plus company benefits, this is made up of a basic salary and shift allowance.
For further information on this exciting role please contact Red Recruitment Group today!
Red Recruitment Group are acting as an employment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84311314