Freelance Site Manager required for listed building project in Worcester. Long term project.
Your new company
A rapidly expanding national developer, applying established principles of intelligent design and quality construction through its wholly-owned subsidiaries my client specialise in the construction of high spec residential and retirement living developments.
Your new role
As Site Manager you will be required to ensure that all statutory legal requirements are complied with, in relation to Health & Safety, of site staff and sub-contractors under his control. Must be a good communicator and be able to plan and organise work and trades in sequential order to ensure programme and budget are adhered to. You will be overseeing and managing works on several Grade 2* Listed Buildings and will need to work with care and consideration of the building fabric. The buildings will form the heart of this Retirement Village and provide 14 residential dwellings. Experience in refurbishment/conversion is beneficial for this role.
In addition to this, you will be required to undertake the following:
- Report directly to the Construction Manager and Construction Director
- Liaise with external design team consultants, outside agencies and contractors.
- From the agreed Master Programme be able to produce short term programmes for subcontractors to work from and meet the completion dates.
- Look ahead and ensure materials and procurement is progressed in sufficient time to meet programme.
- For ensuring the construction is built to the approved planning drawings, building and NHBC Standards.
- Ensure that the workmanship and finishes are to a high standard in line with the latest and approved specification.
- You are to conduct yourself in the best interests of the clients high standards required of a quality residential developer, acting always in a courteous and professional manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have worked with and understand the NHBC Standards.
- A good communicator able to deal with design consultants including local authority governing bodies such as Building Control and Conservation Officers.
- Ensure the working environment is a safe place to work and that all site operatives consider others when carrying out their works.
- To over see staff under his/her control like finishing foreman. Labourers, forklift drivers etc.
- Be able to work closely with the site based QS and assisting him/her on keeping to budget and or mitigating variations.
- Qualified in SMSTS, Asbestos Awareness, First Aid and hold a CSCS Card.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity for long term freelance work on this unique development which will have many exciting challenges for you to demonstrate your skills as a Site Manager.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.