Job Title: Production Engineer (Machining)
Salary: Up to GBP35k, + Benefits: Paid Overtime, on-site parking 25 days annual leave + stats
Hours: This is a permanent opportunity with the hours being: 0700 - 1600 or 0800 - 1700 Mon - Thurs and 0700 - 1200 or 0800 - 1300 Friday.
A global leader in the design and manufacture of critical parts for the Aerospace industry is looking to recruit a Production Engineer for their machining division
The main objective will be to support the deployment of a sustainable framework of business excellence through implementing best practice tools and work systems.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Develop and improve manufacturing methods, using your knowledge of product design, materials, parts, production equipment and quality control standards.
- Analyse and plan work force utilisation, space requirements, workflow, and the layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Create detailed plans for the implementation of pprojects and activities, using established project management principles
- Apply change management principles to support any structural, systems or process changes
- Utilise established best practice tools and principles (e.g. Lean and Six Sigma) in implementing improvements and designing systems.
You will need:
Demonstrable experience in a role involving production / manufacturing engineering & lean implementation, change management, process analysis.
- In-depth practical based knowledge of the 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Process Mapping (Value Analysis), Cellular Manufacturing and problem solving is essential.
- Ability to create professional analysis reports, proposals and training material.
- Good analytical, mechanical, communication, presentation, and project management skills.
- Qualified to HND level or higher.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a can do attitude.
This is a very stable company, offering long term career progression and growth opportunities.
If you feel you meet the criteria for the role, then please apply or call Zandy in confirdence onEncore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to GBP500.