BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTANT
BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTANT
Salary: Salary £28,000 to £32,000, depending on experience
Benefits: 28 days holiday including bank holidays plus holiday increment and pension.
Hours: Permanent position, working hours 8:30-5:00 weekdays
Lime Green is a fast growing, family-owned company principally involved in the manufacture of dry-mixed mortars and renders for the construction industry. Established in Much Wenlock in Shropshire some 15 years ago, they have recently completed a large investment programme in new production facilities. Turnover in 2019 will be between £2-3,000,000, up by approximately 30% over the previous year.
They are a small company with just seven administrative staff including two directors in the office. Inevitably therefore there is some overlap of roles, particularly when covering holiday or sickness absences, and all staff are expected to “muck in” as skills and experience allows.
The Company’s administrative function is managed by two separate software packages which are linked and run in parallel. The accounts package is Sage 50 Accounts Professional, and everything else is run by a bespoke CRM system called Flightdeck. The successful candidate will already be familiar with Sage and will be expected to learn Flightdeck as quickly as possible.
- Entering purchase invoices either via Flightdeck or directly into Sage, ensuring invoices match with PODs and Purchase Orders generated in Flightdeck where appropriate.
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid in a timely manner, usually “end of month following month of invoice”, so long as funds allow. When funds are short, using discretion over who to pay first. Payments are made on line using Handelsbanken’s web portal.
- Lime Green has a number of Euro area suppliers. The successful candidate will be aware of exchange rate issues and will be responsible for purchasing Euros in a timely manner.
- Managing cash flow such that there are always funds available for wages, salaries and statutory payments such as VAT.
- Reconciling bank statements and debit/credit card records with Sage records, and to be able to identify and rectify any discrepancies.
- Sales invoices are generated within Flightdeck from the goods dispatch process and automatically sent to Sage, but the role includes monitoring customer accounts, credit control, processing of payments received etc. The successful candidate will also develop an awareness of when customers should be placed “on stop” and when some flexibility should be allowed.
- Producing appropriate management accounts for the Directors on a monthly basis, and liaising with the Bank as required
- Managing the VAT return on a quarterly basis, and ensuring funds are available for payment.
- Payroll: The Company has both monthly and weekly paid staff and uses Sage 50 Payroll to process these. The role includes checking weekly time sheets and holiday entitlements, running payroll and making bank payments.
- Managing the Company’s Automatic Enrolment pension scheme, assessing staff eligibility, generating appropriate information letters etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
- AAT Level Three or equivalent, or above.
- The successful applicant will have at least 5 years’ experience in the commercial sector, ideally but not necessarily in the construction industry.
- A thorough grounding in the principles and practice of double-entry book-keeping is essential, as although accounting software is in use (Sage 50 Accounts Professional), an understanding of the basic principles is necessary for the avoidance and correction of errors.
- Experience using Sage 50
- Able to learn to use new software
- Efficient and reliable
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Bookkeeper, Book Keeper, Bookkeeping, Book Keeping, Accounting, Financial Control, Accountancy, Company Finances, Financial Services, Assistant Accountant