Our client is recruiting for an additional HGV Technician for their double day shift due to an ongoing increase in business. This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious national organisation, maintaining a fleet of commercial vehicles in a busy modern workshop with outstanding benefits.
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of heavy commercial vehicles
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of trucks and vans
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working a double day shift, week 1: 6am to 2pm, week 2: 2pm to 10pm, Monday to Friday.
- Overtime is voluntary, and available at a premium. Top level salary given includes a small amount of overtime per week, more overtime is often available to further increase earnings.
- Permanent position
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on HGVs
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle mechanics with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a generous contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button