Nacro is proud to be a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. We house, we educate, we support, we advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We are passionate about changing lives and never give up
If you are passionate about playing your part in bringing a people strategy to life in an organisation that makes a profound and lasting difference to people's lives you could be the HR Business Partner we are seeking. Our People Strategy is a critical element of our 3 year corporate strategy and we are now one year into its delivery with more to do. We believe our people make us what we are. Values-driven and committed they choose to work for Nacro because they want to make a difference. We are committed to building their expertise, effectiveness and engagement to maximise their impact.
If so then you could be the professional we are looking for.
Who we are looking for?
The central objective of Nacro's Employee Relations team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives. Working as part of a larger HR team, we are looking for an experienced HR professional who has a proven track record in partnering with the business.
With a strong HR background. This is a hands-on, Employee Relations focused role. You will be the expert in all case work, providing advice, guidance and recommendations on any matters, covering; disciplinary, grievance, performance and capability issues. You will manage cases which will at times progress to employment tribunals.
Suitable applicants will be CIPD qualified however, experience is the key here. You will be used to working at pace, within a pressured and demanding environment, with strong employment law knowledge and a high level of commercial acumen.
The ability to manage stakeholders, build excellent relationships across the business and provide peer support for other members of the team is an absolute pre-requisite.
You will work with the HR BP's and Management across all sites on all people related HR matters. You will be a fantastic relationship builder and deliver commercial driven advice. This, coupled with fantastic communication skills is important to upskill and support the management team to coach them in best practice.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will work at pace on critical employee relations issues successfully completed within limited time.
- Have experience of working in an innovative forward thinking organisation that gets the most out of its people
- Dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter with fantastic communication skills
- The ability to partner with managers and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices, while working collaboratively across the HR function.
- Experience of providing sound and pragmatic advice in relation to employment legislation, employee relations, and people issues including case management and practical experience of TUPE legislation.
- Take the lead on accessing legal advice on complex employee investigations and employee relations issues
- Experience of working within a busy centralised operational HR function including providing people metrics and reports.
- Experience of writing and implementing HR policies, procedure and associated documentation that is legally compliant and which meet business need.
- Proven experience of providing specialist HR advice.
- Experience of coaching & advising managers on appropriate methods of people management and conflict resolution