Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Our client are a world leading manufacturer of agricultural and green maintenance technology. Due to continued growth in operations they require a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager for their busy operations.
The role entails to carry out the day to day operations of the HSE Department ensuring full compliance with all policies, procedures and legal requirements. Additional duties and responsibilities;
- Conducts compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support management team.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the site HSE management system and programmes.
- Maintain relevant documentation on all aspects of HSE including fire prevention.
- Preparation of any policies and procedures required for a safe working environment.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Provision of advice and guidance to management team and make recommendations where required.
- Undertake detailed incident/accident investigation including root cause analysis
- Undertakes behaviour based safety training/tool box talks
- Ensure all HSE regulations are complied with including ensuring all safety equipment is maintained and used.
- Evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of all PPE.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with all employees as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Chairs monthly HSE meeting driving KPI's for the site.
- Investigate accidents and near miss incidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a HSE Communication strategy for the company and all levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Act as CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2007.
- Advises line management in safety matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilities all forms of risk assessments e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH and fire prevention.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes recommendations.
The right person for the role will have at least 5 years experience in a HSE managerial role within a heavy industry environment (familiar with welding, cranes, in line paint plants etc).
Experience of ISO 9001 essential - ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 desirable but not essential.
The person will have outstanding leadership, excellent project management and an effective communicator at all levels. The role will require excellent problem solving and an outstanding eye for detail.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.