Technical Support Representative
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Support Representative to come and join our client’s Team in Dudley, West Midlands.
The position of Technical Support Representative is a development and support role in the business focusing on management software and reports to the Head of Business Systems.
The support element of the role is primarily to provide assistance to the field based Technical Support Managers, but also first line customer support where required. The development side of the role is across the full range of business applications that are part of the UK offer and includes development of existing systems and creation of new applications. In the position of Technical Support Representative, you will:
Support and develop:
• Our client’s Dashboard suite of software applications
• Their new reporting platform, Microsoft Power BI
• Sapphire reporting data providers and plugins
• Sapphire report schemes based on customer requirements
• Internal software applications like Microsoft CRM and QAD reporting via Sapphire reporting and Microsoft Power BI
• The company Business Application software based on acquired detailed product knowledge
• Customer interaction to assess requirements for changes to existing and development of new business tools
• Customer support via customer visits and business systems helpdesk on occasion.
• Being a voice in the Business Information Group (BIG) for the UK business
• Being a part of the UK technical support team and contributing to group efforts across all areas of our technical support offer
• Ensure that when communicating with customers or colleagues they receive a pleasant and courteous welcome.
• Deal with all written and verbal communications promptly and accurately
• Make sure all telephone connections are made as quickly as possible
• Liaisons with customers should be in a timely manner with regular updates
• Ability to express information clearly and concisely so others gage an understanding
Person Specification & Qualifications:
• Computer Science Degree & with programming experience
• Experience of .net, c# and SQL Databases
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Great Team player
• A born problem solver
• Excellent attention to detail
• Embraces change & keen to learn
• Not afraid to ask questions
• Ready to take on and conquer new challenges.
• A person with a logical, methodical and process driven application
If you fit the criteria above, we would love to hear from you!
For the role of Technical Support Representative there is a salary on offer of circa £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Helpdesk, technical support,