Technical / QA Assistant (food)
Our client are a large food processing / distribution business based in the West Midlands.
They are currently seeking a talented QA / Technical professional, ideally with 2-3 years' experience to join a busy technical department at the head office, near Wolverhampton.
Ideal candidates should have a food / science related degree, be able to work autonomously and build solid relationships with key contacts. This role would could suit a graduate with 1-2 years experience or someone who has developed 2-5 years experience with a food manufacturer, within a Technical / QA based role.
Summary of Key Duties
- Assisting in the management of the company quality management system and ensuring document control is maintained
- Assisting with the completion of customer specifications and other Technical documentation
- Conducting internal audits
- Ensuring the correct administration is maintained around Technical KPI systems, for example microbiology, customer complaints, non-conformances
- Assist in investigation, root cause analysis and implementing corrective action when required
- Managing samples for quality and ensuring archives are maintained
- Conducting traceability and mock recall exercises
- Assisting in the successful and efficient preparation and running of visits and audits
- Conducting gap analysis against legal, customer and third party standards to ensure company compliance
- A food science related degree / qualification
- Prior experience within a food manufacturing business, ideally within the Technical function
- Competent with computer systems and software
- Methodical and logical with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as well as engaging with the wider team
- Ability to be self-motivating and enthusiastic
- Ability to plan time effectively
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
The role will involve working usual office hours (not shift work), Mon - Fri.