Junior Mechanical Engineer
JOB TITLE: Improver/Junior Mechanical Engineer - Walsall site
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Design, maintenance & development of Mechanical engineering processes and systems across the site
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To continuously improve the performance, efficiency, safety & cost-effectiveness of all electrical/electronic processes and systems by developing, supporting and driving improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that plans are in place on a daily basis to ensure the effective operation of all works mechanical processes & systems.
- Ensure that systems are in place to resolve any mechanical process or system issues in a manner that will limit the impact on production, quality, environmental and health & safety performance.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of mechanical processes and systems to ensure that performance of all is optimised.
- Ensure continued mechanical processes and systems capability through continued monitoring and testing schedules.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing & modifying systems & components.
- Assure system and product quality through design & maintenance of test processes & methods.
- Ensure continued operation of all equipment through the co-ordination of maintenance & repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures, and requesting special services when appropriate.
- Support engineering function in the development of new engineering products, new tooling and new engineering processes.
- Prepare & provide as appropriate product reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Support the operation of company computer system to ensure all data as appropriate is entered onto and followed through the system.
- Ensure that all work equipment, machinery, interchangeable machine parts and fork lift trucks are operated in accordance with group health & safety, quality and environmental policy requirements.
- Support site management in ensuring that site systems & procedures are operated across the site fully in accordance with company health & safety policy, quality and environmental requirements.
- Ensure that group health & safety, quality and environmental policies are followed through all activities on site and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Support an effective group training and development programme through liaison within group and external service providers.
- Support local health & safety and quality champions in all activities and responsibilities as appropriate.
- Work with site personnel as appropriate, to rectify mechanical engineering systems issues.
- Support group management in the pursuit of business development and improvement programmes.
- Contribute toward effective working relationships both within the group and externally as appropriate.
- To assist with activities beyond the normal role as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call the office for more information 01902 319333