Synthetic Organic Chemist
Our Client is a fast growing speciality Manufacturer and Distributor of raw materials to the UK Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemical, Agrochemical and Veterinary Manufacturing Industries.
They are now seeking a Synthetic Organic Chemist (Technical Manager) - Contract Research & Manufacturing Services (CRAMs) for their Life Science Division. Location within the UK is flexible with regular travel throughout the UK & Ireland and occasional International travel. The position is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Division Manager.
- To work with the technical sales team to identify opportunities for CRAMs (CMO/CRO/CDMO projects)
- Identify commercially relevant reaction schema with our Clients manufacturing capability
- Management of CRAMs projects through the research, development and commercial manufacturing stages
- Partner with technical sales team to identify commercially relevant CRAMs activities
- Develop strategic contacts and support commercial targets within key markets of Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Fine Chemical and Veterinary
- Develop Key Accounts for CRAMs
- Make regular customer visits in the UK and Europe supporting team sales activity (Exhibitions and joint visits)
- Devise commercially relevant synthesis routes for organic intermediates.
- Project manage through our Clients manufacturing partners of chemical intermediates, APIs
- Where appropriate; identify Market Authorisation holders
- Collate marketing information (product knowledge, prices, literature, sales tools)
- Communicate with Supplier Partners (sales related activities, market information, product development)
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Organic Chemistry (or equivalent / similar)
- Extensive industrial CRAMs experience including experience of scale up from research laboratory organic synthesis into commercial reality (essential)
- Analytical skills (FTir, GCMS, NMR, GLC)
- Project management skills
- Ability to communicate with manufacturing resources in USA, Europe, China and India.
- Desire to travel: Internationally on an occasional basis: around 2 months international travel per year; one week at a time; to manufacturing sites in USA, China and India; plus some European travel and regular UK travel
- Determination, energy, tenacity, enthusiasm, loyalty and the need to achieve excellence.
In return, our Client is offering a competitive package including a basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience) plus car, bonus (up to 20%) and benefits
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a detailed covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.