Night Porter / Evening Services
A great opportunity has arisen to join our client's venues team as a Night Porter / Evening Services Support at their Hotel and Conference Venue, Woodland Grange, in Leamington Spa.
This is a full-time permanent role - the hours are typically 7.30pm to 7.30am and will involve working 4 days out of 7, including weekend work on a rotation basis.
We are looking for someone who will be the key contact on site, outside of normal working hours. The role is varied and will include helping guests with any issues, maintaining the security of the building and its contents, and assisting with setting up the meeting rooms.
Woodland Grange is a beautiful 4-star hotel and conference venue, with 114 bedrooms and 28 meeting rooms. It is a building full of character, with state-of-the-art facilities, picturesque grounds and a convenient, central location.
- Responsible for the security of staff and visitors to the site during allocated shifts.
- Monitoring CCTV camera equipment and reporting incidents outside of normal operating practices.
- Internal and external patrols of the site: residential monitoring to take place on all shifts, external patrols during single guard shifts can be performed via camera equipment.
- Preparation of training/meeting rooms using function sheets. Installing the correct number of tables, chairs and relevant materials.
- Assistance with room clearing: this could include assisting the bar manager with clearing tables and re-arranging furniture, to clearing and re-arranging training rooms.
- Ordering of newspapers as required and delivery to appropriate bedrooms/public areas.
- Dealing with client requests, including the supply of furniture and equipment.
- Taking deliveries, including movement and correct storage.
- Responsibility for fire and crime prevention; checking delegate badges, room allocation and acting as Fire Warden in emergencies.
- Customer service/relations.
- Low level maintenance.
- Report logging.
Skills & Experience
- Customer focused - understanding the need for a quick response and appreciating the importance of presentation/aesthetics.
- Team-working - flexible to support the needs of others within the team and help to provide cover when needed
- Adaptability - able to take on new practices and adapt to new situations.
- Communication - able to effectively communicate issues to those with less knowledge.
- Decision-making - take forthright action using own skills and knowledge.
- Results focused - meets the team’s high performance standards and understands the need for this.
- Experience in a similar role such as Night Porter, Conference Porter or Security is preferable.
- Previous employment within the hospitality or hotel sector would be beneficial.
We ask that all job applicants share our company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding and provide examples of having delivered high levels of customer service.