Are you a driven, proactive and compassionate individual looking to make a significant difference to the lives of vulnerable young people? Have you had personal experience of the Criminal Justice System or experience of engaging positively with young offenders or other vulnerable groups?
If so, join St Giles Trust as a Caseworker and work on a new project that will provide tailored support to victims of violence under 25 who are admitted to the Wolverhampton A&E and Coventry A&E and Major Trauma Centre.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this exciting opportunity
You will focus on assessing referred clients and producing support and risk management plans based on these assessments, promoting inter-agency collaboration in the assessment and planning process. You will also deliver a holistic and practical support service, working individually or with colleagues, including offering social and housing support, accompanying to appointments or appearing in court, debt advice, or even DIY work.
Closing cases efficiently and positively, identifying referral routes for on-going support should serious problems develop in the future, is an important aspect of the role, as is forming strong relationships with external agencies.
What we are looking for:
- To have worked on an offender-led support project, personal experience of the criminal justice system, served a prison sentence, or still be serving a prison sentence near Wolverhampton or Coventry
- To be willing to provide a DBS check and other disclosure as required
- Track record of engaging positively with young offenders or other vulnerable groups.
- Experience of providing support, advice and advocacy and the ability to assess clients’ needs
- Strong communication and IT skills, particularly MS Office
- The ability to use and develop monitoring systems to record all aspects of the project
Please note we are currently looking for 4 Caseworkers ( 2 to be based in Coventry and 2 for Wolverhampton).
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, season ticket loan and much more.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website via the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: 11pm, January 27th 2019. Interviews: 5th and 6th February to be held in Birmingham.