Our client is a well-established and respected Legal Firm in the local area looking to recruit a Childcare Paralegal within their busy team. The Childcare Paralegal is responsible for performing administrative support to the Childcare Solicitor. It is essential that the successful candidate has a strong administrative background within a professional or corporate environment and has strong and accurate audio typing skills. This role would suit a diligent and organised individual who is looking for longevity within their next role.
- Assisting with legal aid case work
- Issue the client care letter via email or post
- Undertake the file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
- Operate an effective system that ensures all critical activities and dates relating to matter progression are acted upon within the required timelines.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, lodging actions and documents in a timely manner. Ensure all filing is completed and up to date on a daily basis.
- Undertake audio typing as required, ensuring that the completed documentation is provided to the fee earner within the timeframe applicable to the team.
- Prepare high quality documentation covering letters, presentations, spreadsheets and reports as required by the Fee Earner
- Complete administrative functions such as document scanning, preparation of bundles, issuing of faxes and photocopying as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Confident and accurate audio typing skills
- Childcare or Family law experience is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate confidently and appropriately with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation skills to enable you to organise your day and prioritise your own workload
- An excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle heavy workloads in a fast paced environment
- Computer Literate - confident user of MS (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
If you are interested in the above role; then please apply with an updated copy of your CV or call Mali Osmelak for more information on .