MI Development Analyst
The MI Development Analyst will work with the Head of BI and Project Managers alike to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of complex MI to multiple business stakeholders. The position combines technical and development responsibilities with some production activities, responsible for developing, maintaining and modifying databases and will participate in building efficient procedures.
- Provide development & support across the BI team and wider business areas to support advanced SQL based reporting services
- Ensure customer implementation activity tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with BI Manager, Project Managers or Account Managers to expedite customer implementation activity as rapidly as possible.
- Implement best practices from SQL coding standards to quality control protocols to development operations in an effort to ensure efficient customer implementation activity.
- Work with business sponsors to elicit requirements and define specifications, prepare technical specifications and determine required program modification or implementation.
- SQL Database optimization and participation in the architecture, design and implementation of database schemas.
- Assisting in developing procedures for data migration and other departmental processes
- Deliver training and coaching on a regular basis to team members to ensure they are able to deliver excellence.
- Actively review and improve current procedures and ensure they are accurately documented. Maintain knowledge of new enhancements and coordinate testing, communicate updates related to upgrades/patches, meet with cross team members on upcoming releases.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in computer information systems, information technology or related.
- RDBMS experience; well rounded SQL report writing skills (joins, subqueries, complex case statements etc.) from an Oracle (preferable) or MS SQL Server Environment
- MI project implementation experience and knowledge of data integration - ETL, relational databases
- Relevant qualifications in a numerate discipline (maths, computer science, engineering etc.)
Attractive £salary & benefits - apply now for full details.