Technical Project Manager - VR & Digital Games
A cutting-edge provider of Virtual Reality Training, Bespoke eLearning, Simulations, Mobile Learning and much more is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their innovative team in Coventry.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will oversee the strategic and operational delivery of an exciting and innovative range of VR, AR, e-learning and serious games learning projects.
You will be a great communicator and enjoy talking with clients and funders to understand their needs, timeframes and budgets. You will serve as a go-between for clients, funders, and the technical development team and provide status reports to all interested parties.
You will be responsible for coordinating, organising and controlling project activities in collaboration with the development team to ensure all digital learning projects are delivered on time, in budget and to a standard that clients are delighted with.
You will also project manage R&D projects in the UK and Europe which could involve attending meetings in partner countries, producing project plans, financial claims and identifying opportunities for potential commercialisation.
- Working with cutting-edge technology and blue chip customers
- Pension Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- R&D days
- The possibility for flexible working
About the Technical Project Manager Role:
- Oversee the delivery of all digital learning projects to ensure they are delivered on time, in budget and to a high standard
- Write detailed project specifications, project plans and budgets for internal use
- Work closely with clients to ensure project specifications are met
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by the design and development team
- Use project management software to track projects, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Set systems up to ensure adequate testing of all digital learning projects is undertaken throughout each project in order to ensure high-quality products are produced
- Set the standards and documentation of technology development
- Build & implement appropriate quality assurance and data protection processes
- Participate in testing of software solutions and provide feedback
Required Experience for the Technical Project Manager Role:
- Ability to work with multiple teams and provide technical guidance and support
- Experience in using project management software
- Build strong relationships with external customers and manage expectations
- Experience in working with digital learning projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate others and work well with a team
- Positive, enthusiastic and solution-focused approach to work
- Assisting in the planning and development of sales and marketing demos when required
- Participate in team meetings and deliver project update reports
- Experience in working on VR or digital games based projects
- Experience in working on EU funded projects
- Trained in PRINCE2 Project Management or AGILE Project Management
- Understanding software development cycles
If this sounds interesting, click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles including Project Coordinator, Computer Science, Project Manager, Information Technology, IT Project Manager, Project Management, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Project Engineer, Development Manager, Project Supervisor, Account Manager, Project Management, Project Coordination may also be considered for this role.