M&E Managing Surveyor
M&E Managing Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have an opportunity for a Managing Surveyor to join our SES Commercial team based in Stratford, London to be accountable for the daily commercial management and administration of the project supply chain to achieve business objectives on an office block development with an M&E value of over GBP10m.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Produce commercial reports both internally and external to the company
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that SES main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Ensure the timely receipt of quotations for materials, equipment and Sub-subcontract works, undertake commercial assessment of quotes received and ensure the timely placement of orders on commercially advantageous terms to facilitate project delivery and ensure business objectives are met.
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Ensure recovery of the costs/ value and time associated with change from SES's Clients to allow agreement of final accounts
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Surveyor with an understanding of different procurement methods used in construction and the risks associated with each. You will also have a solid level of technical appreciation/competence in M&E with the ability to apply this to the management of valuation techniques and manage/undertake the measurement and valuation of change with the customer and supply chain.
To be successful in the role you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with all stakeholders.
Apply today if you are looking for an opportunity in a rewarding and forward thinking business.
A bit about us:
SES Engineering Services (SES) is a GBP180 million M&E Business operating out of 7 Regional Offices as the UK's pre-eminent design-led Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) provider, specialising in the design and installation of building services and infrastructure solutions. Having successfully worked on a number of prestigious contracts in the UK and Scotland, we are viewed as the pre-eminent supplier of building services and are BIM 2 level accredited.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. We are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People