Business Development Manager (Mid Market)
Our Client has been established for over 30 years and a Market Leader who has had over GBP30 Million invested in the future of the business. The Co-founder added: "In an increasingly digital world the secret to our success has been rigorous commitment to the checking and rechecking of data, which involves 10,000 validation phone calls every day to UK businesses.
"Over the years we have created a unique database which maps almost the entire universe of UK businesses. The advent of mobile technology and explosion of 'near me' searches have seen the need for pin point accurate geolocation data increase exponentially - the world has come a long way from business directories and we are providing the data to fuel that change."
The next part of the journey has been to build a new and talented management team which is now in place and to restructure the sales team into Business Development Hunter and Account Managers and this role is to join the New Business Team.
The company is rebranding in the next few months and they have recruited a new Marketing team to support this team with Lead Generation and a Lead Generation Team has been set up in Farnborough to assist in supporting the New Business Team.
The Commission plan is one of the best we have ever seen, and you get paid 12.5% on everything that you bring in and if you are YTD every quarter you will receive an additional 6.25% as an additional bonus.
This is a role where you can double your basic with this Excellent Commission plan and along with this you will receive a car allowance, petrol card and company benefits.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects with the primary objective to win new business.
- Liaise with the appointment setting team to ensure you have a regular feed of appointment opportunities.
- Undertake regular prospect meetings to obtain a current and future needs analysis with each prospect to ensure the current suite of products and services meet or exceed the company goals and expectations.
- Develop and implement account plans to ensure there is a clear path to winning new business with each prospect.
- Develop a professional relationship with each prospect through regular face to face meetings or calls depending on the size of account.
- Ensure the current product portfolio is maximised within each prospect as appropriate for their needs.
- Document, track and manage regular sales forecast and pipeline information, clearly highlighting risks and opportunities versus target achievement.
- Ensure the CRM system is regularly updated and used as a critical part of managing the portfolio.
- Liaise with the Account Management team to ensure a successful and comprehensive handover is professionally managed.
- Communicate with the Customer Support and Data Team ensuring all jobs are briefed in correctly and delivered as per the brief specification.
Identify new product opportunities for the future
Develop good working relationships within Sales Team and internal colleagues eg operations and IT
Provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working and what further support is required to continually improve performance.
- Achieve / beat sales revenue budget.
- Conversion rate - appointment to win.
- Average GBP value per won deal
- CRM completion
- Prospect meetings / visits
- An experienced business development professional with a proven track record of successfully winning new business. Strong communication skills are crucial together with an inquisitive nature to fully fact find the businesses needs and identify where our solutions could help. The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines and excellent time management and organisation. Good with numbers, hardworking and presentable.
- Someone with a Consultative Sales approach
- Experience in selling to Marketing Teams is a benefit
- Experience in selling data Solutions / Analytics / Data Cleansing / Lead Generation a benefit
Be Part of a very special team and join a Market leader with a Strong Sales Culture