Project Manager - Worcestershire
Project Manager - Worcestershire
Pay: GBP525 a day (umbrella)
Duration: 2 month (initially)
Hours: 35 hour week
Scope: Inside IR-35
Purpose of job:
- To manage, support and deliver projects and work packages to agreed project management standards (i.e. PRINCE2).
- To produce, and manage relevant documentation and project plans to a range of internal stakeholders includingCounty Councillors, Directors, members of the public, unions, and external partners and agencies
- To ensure that projects deliver to Time, Cost, and Quality and ensure that benefits are realised in line with the Business Case.
- To lead projects within the County Council and with partner organisations as required which have cross directorate impacts.
- To apply appropriate change management methods to achieve sustainable change.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- To organise, develop and project manage a range of projects within Worcestershire County Council and with partners, working with a variety of stakeholders, and to key objectives
- To develop and keep under constant review, implementation plans obtaining the approval of the relevant Project Boards for the same and for any significant planned changes during the process of implementation.
- To support the design, development, delivery and management of communications
- To apply relevant change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by the project or initiative
- To develop and project manage plans which contribute to the effective implementation of projects within the current WCC programme on time to agreed standards; with the minimum of disruption to operational work.
- To report regularly to the relevant Project Boards and stakeholders on project progress as appropriate bringing to them issues requiring their decisions or approval. To follow up on any decisions made to ensure their implementation.
- To take responsibility for overall designated project & work package progress and use of resources, in particular to identify blockages to progress and facilitate their removal.
- Co-ordinate with other projects within the Programmes.
- To specify the requirements for identified elements of projects within the current WCC programme working with operational staff to ensure they will provide their required outputs.
- To ensure projects and Work Packages conform to identifiable quality standards
- To supervise any other staff who may be engaged on projects or work packages from time to time, assisting with the specification of assignments and ensuring the work is undertaken to appropriate timescales and identified quality standards
- ??In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a good image of the Directorate and the County Council as well as maintaining constructive relationships.
- ??Internal: Elected Members, Directors, Heads of Service, Senior Managers, Management Teams, Managers & Staff across all directorates, Project Staff,
- ??External: District & County Councils, Government Agencies & Departments, NHS, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Healthcare Professionals, Police, Fire, Probation Service, Educational Settings, Suppliers, Contractors, Service providers, Statutory and Voluntary Organisations, service users, clients,customers, members of the public, volunteers.
- ??Substantial relevant experience of large project/programme and /or change management activity within a complex organisation.
- ??Significant period of working/managing within local government or large private sector organisations.
- ??Significant experience of managing people through working with a wide range of stakeholders
- ??Significant experience of change management techniques and their application
QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
- ??A recognised project management qualification and significant project management experience.
- ??A Degree/NVQ5 or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of further professional development, within a relevant area or able to show relevant experience e.g. IT Implementation, Change Management, Procurement, Process Engineering or Service re-structure