Client Accounts Assistant
Client Accounts Assistant Maternity Cover (12 month fixed term contract)
Location: Shrewsbury SY2 5DE
Hours of Work: 9.00 - 17.15 with 45 min lunch
About the Company:
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers - our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
Client Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Paying suppliers invoices on behalf of our property landlords and the software package used is TBS TRAMPS.
- Inputting invoices for over 100 clients.
- Weekly BACS runs
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Bank reconciliation
- Posting cheque receipts against debtor balances
- Working closely with other Carter Jonas offices in a professional and friendly manner.
- Having an understanding of the RICS regulations in respect of client accounting.
- Carrying out all administrative and ad hoc duties in connection with the role.
- Ensuring systems are updated on a timely and accurate basis to enable other departments within the organisation to manage effectively.
- Having knowledge of VAT in respect of general accounting and in respect of land and property.
- Supporting other members of the client accounting team and providing cover in periods of absence of other team members.
Client Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- The ability to work both supervised and unsupervised and make decisions in an effective manner
- The ability to manage others and build strong working relationships
- Sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate accounts issues to non-accounting people
- A professional manner with the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Client Accounts Assistant Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contribution
- Flexible benefits which enables you to pick extra benefits to suit your personal lifestyle
If you meet the Client Accounts Assistant requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!