JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: HEAD CHEF
LOCATION: NEWTOWN, POWYS
JOB TITLE: HEAD CHEF
SALARY: GBP26,243 - GBP30,395 (depending on experience)
HOURS: FULL TIME, shift based
THE COMPANY: Our client is an historic house with Grade 1 listed gardens set in the heart of rural Montgomeryshire. One of Wales' premier country estates, and the former home of art collectors and public benefactors, it offers a welcoming setting in which people of all ages and abilities may discover, experience, participate in, and be inspired by the arts and natural environment.
It is soon to become an independent charitable trust offering many exciting new opportunities for regenerating the hall and estate, many new developments, all to be harnessed in the creation of an inclusive identity which will have a crucially important part to play in the future of a sustainable Wales.
THE ROLE: The Head Chef will be responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of the Catering Operations including an onsite cafe. A major function within this role is the management of resources both human and physical and the establishment and implementation of service standards and procedures, with an interest in developing a growing banqueting/ fine dining experience. The successful applicant will have flair and creativity in food production with strong financial acumen, an ability to cost menus and work to budget, with an exemplary knowledge of food hygiene/ best practice.
Are you/Do you have:
- Proven experience in managing food services
- Proven experience and skills in managing people and physical resources
- Experience in varied service provision
- Good leadership and management abilities
- Commitment to producing the highest calibre food and service levels
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to apply creativity and flair to the provision of food service
- Knowledge of food safety legislation
- Trained to H.N.D level or equivalent
- A commitment to future continual professional development
- Strong personal references from within the Hospitality Industry.
Key Responsibilities of the job role to include: -
- Food production, service, menu planning and costings
- Managing the catering aspect of functions including weddings
- Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety including risk assessments
- Managing the catering team including the training and development of staff
- Kitchen/building management
- Budgets/Financial control
- The Head Chef has to liaise closely with the House Manager, Head Barperson / Evening Supervisor, Conference Office and the Facilities and Maintenance Manager to ensure our client supplies a quality product to its visitors as well as working closely with the Director on continual improvement in service provision and business development
In return we can offer you:
- An excellent salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Possibility of on-site accommodation
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.