Engineering Test Manager TETRA
TETRA Engineering Test Manager, 12 Months FTC, working on bespoke communication systems
Join a forward-thinking company providing mission critical communication solutions to the emergency services. This organisation is transforming how they use communication tools by blending expertise with technology to achieve better results.
You will be part of the System Integration and Test team which is responsible for verification, validation and testing of new solutions and software prior to deployment in the field. Your team will be responsible for operation and management of the testing environment, testing 3rd party supplied devices and applications, supporting the engineering teams.
In this role, you will work with a multi-discipline, multi-site team, responsible for the UAT/OAT. Working in a lab, on a test network, you will be responsible for testing equipment before it is deployed to the live network as well as overseeing a team of 3-4 test engineers and managing stakeholders.
Your role will involve:
- Implementation of test strategy and test planning; including scheduling, resources, configuration, time, cost and quality.
- Coordinating and conducting testing in the live environment at customer sites as part of the first office application testing.
The successful candidate will have:
- A background in engineering
- ISTQB foundation
- TETRA, 3G, 4G or 5G knowledge/experience
- Experience in telecommunications or electronics
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to make decisions and provide recommendations to senior managements
You will join a highly-successful company in Rugby who will provide a competitive salary and the opportunity to prove yourself and progress. There is also a bonus scheme based on performance and two weeks extra pay each year. If this sounds like the ideal role for you, don't hesitate to get in touch.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.