Immediate start Assistant Buyer role! I am working with a leading global manufacturing business based in Bromsgrove as they need an assistant buyer/buyer to join them paying GBP24,000 per annum.
- Work with Product Management, suppliers and production to ensure an efficient, uninterrupted flow of material to support operational demand.
- Negotiate and continually manage improved trading terms, cost down and agreements with suppliers.
- Spend analysis and management to support business KPI's.
- Stock turns KPI, stock reduction including obsolescence review and removal.
- Constant review of implemented processes for improved output including IT software and training requirements, etc.
- Support the global project to implement procurement tools.
- Support QA to improve poor supplier performance (SRN), including supplier visits to implement and gauge improvement programs, manage phase out to new suppliers if performance does not improve.
- Develop ERP/MRP systems to communicate an accurate and clear pricing structure to Customer Services including quantity breaks determined by sales history.
- Proactively create and lead improvement projects and report and present progress both inside and outside of the Business.
- Interpret purchase requirements related to new customer demand, new products and production requirements.
- Effectively plan materials, schedule and procure direct materials using published supplier OTD, QC metrics and Forecasts to understand improvements and potential risks.
- Oversee new product / new engineering release projects, identify procurement design cost effective solutions, ensuring appropriate actions are taken to achieve the required launch dates.
- Improve material margin across all brands and components.
- Generate and manage annual supplier saving strategies, push back on or reduce annual supplier cost increases where possible.
- Able and willing to regularly travel off site to suppliers both in the UK and globally, and on occasions with overnight stays.
- Expedite expected receipts with suppliers, working to improve promise dates and engaging in corrective actions to avoid schedule misses.