The main purpose of the role is to support the wider business with pricing insight to aid effective decision making in the improvement of business outcomes. You will play a key part contributing positively to the growth of gross margin.
You will also be responsible for:
- Business partner the commercial team (sourcing & category management) to enable the effective design and implementation of pricing strategies.
- Optimise revenue and gross margins through the application of specific and targeted pricing techniques utilising a range of data sources.
- Support the development and implementation of pricing trials to further develop understanding around areas such as price elasticity and promotional effectiveness.
- Supplier and Branch management through meetings and understanding pricing structures.
- Practical experience in the production of analytical projects and developing commercial outcomes.
- Highly numerate with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Experience of producing and formulating pricing analysis from large/complex data sets.
- Experience using Alteryx /Tableau would be advantageous
- A Business/Economics/Maths/Statistics degree would be advantageous but not essential.
- Full driving licence
About your development and benefits:
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- Holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years' service
- Staff discount
- Profit share
Wolseley UK is the country's largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first-choice specialist merchant for trade customers. Wolseley Infrastructure also supply some of the UK's biggest infrastructure projects, serving customers in four key markets: civils, utilities, power and fibre, and hire. We're the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company with revenues of over $18 billion.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you'll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You'll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the world's largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products, you'll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities.
Closing Date: 24/01/2019