Senior HR Advisor
My client, a leader in independent suppliers of IT services and software, are going through a great period of growth and are looking for an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join their HR team. The business operates across the Globe and are a competitive player in their industry, focusing in retail and associated sectors.
The successful Senior HR Advisor will be exposed to a fun, professional and supportive working environment. They are looking for like minded people who are passionate about service and who are experts in their field, to join them on their ongoing journey to success.
You will operate under the HR manager and will be responsible for providing a professional and comprehensive HR service, this will include supervising a direct report, overseeing the life cycle process and leading on HR related projects. Ideally you will have experience in recruitment assessment days and candidate attraction and being able to build relationships with third party suppliers.
Main responsibilities will include:
Providing general HR advice and guidance to managers, team leaders and employees.
- Project based work including a Graduate Apprentice Scheme - Managing 7 graduates on an award-winning program
- Maintaining an awareness of current HR legislation and employment law.
- Assisting the development and maintenance of HR systems.
- Promoting positive workplace Employee Relations and resolving issues when they arise.
- Conducting investigations, disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings - holding these where necessary.
- Learning and Development - Support the development of individuals, support the HR manager and departmental managers to identify training needs. Design and deliver training/briefing workshops.
It would be highly beneficial for you to be:
- Proven working experience as a Senior HR advisor.
- The IT industry would be advantageous but is not a necessity.
- Happy to travel when necessary to secondary office (once a quarter).
- A strong communicator verbally and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Confidence in building relationships.
- Commercially and practically minded with a hands-on approach.
- CIPD qualified (desirable).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.