Residential Care Worker
Seven Social Care is looking for a Residential Care Worker in the Wolverhampton area.
As a Residential Care Worker your main responsibility will be to provide the highest possible level of care to all people using the service. This specific role consists of 6 residents in a children’s home who have dealt with Sexual Trauma. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with friendly and welcoming attributes, but most importantly a real passion for helping children.
- Preparing breakfast, lunches, teas and snacks.
- Encouraging and helping children access education.
- Helping the children integrate into the community in a positive way.
- Helping the children with homework.
- Playing and getting involved in fun activities in and outside the home.
- Days out; shopping, swimming, cinema, bowling, drama classes, football etc.
- Assisting with bed time.
- Getting children to meetings and appointments; Therapy, key work meetings, doctors, dentist, visits, contacts etc.
- Getting involved in care plans.
- Monitoring and observing children.
- Transporting children.
- Liaising with external stakeholders and our own multidisciplinary team.
- Qualifications: NVQ level 3 in childcare, children and young people or health and social desirable but not essential (We can give you the funding to complete this qualification on the job – this is not essential).
Must be 21 or over.
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK. Up to date DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 40 hours p/w. Temp to perm. Shifts run on a one month, rolling rota with a pattern of two on four off. You will also be required to complete one on call a month which will be on one day of the weekend.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Care Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84913682