We have a new and exciting position for a Production Supervisor to work with in a leading Aerospace company.
Our client is based in the Tamworth location.
The Production Supervisor will be expected to manage all direct staff & ensure the smooth running of a department, they will be responsible for ensuring targets and deadlines are met to achieve customer requirements and to ensure that all employees comply with company procedures. They will also be responsible for the direct management and handling of warehousing and distribution functions and the expectation to liaise across departments as required.
- To take full responsibility for your team in terms of management of staff, including attendance, timekeeping, performance reviews and disciplinary. Completion of Return to Work interviews on time and ensure all employees are aware of the policies and procedures and that ensuring that employees behaviour meets or exceeds the company's expectations
- Accountability for meeting production, warehousing and quality targets
- Ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- Monitor, measure and report on warehousing and/or production related process performance and general issues
- Managing receiving, shipping, distribution and supplies of products within your area
- Ensure all products are manufactured and shipped to the customer in a timely manner adhering to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in movement of product to all appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over product levels and process to meet internal and external demands
- Plan layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage of products
- Implement and monitor performance metrics
- Assist with annual stock take
- When required monitor and manage custom shipping documentation
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both verbally and written, enforcing quality and Health and Safety rules
- Identify and investigate issues and take fast effective action to resolve
- Maintain housekeeping standards, attendance and timekeeping
- To have an active role in the company's continuous improvement plan
- Liaise with Operations Manager and Production Planner and other leaders to ensure daily requirements are met
- Provide cover for the Operations Manager when required
- Manage across all departments and shift on Saturday rotation
- May be required to be hands on operative occasionally
- Management and control of overtime and reporting to senior management relevant information
- To coach, train, retain and motivate staff within a team based and inclusive culture.
- To ensure that the training requirements are met to meet current and future demands of the department
- To provide regular feedback to your team and maintain a culture that develops professional two way feedback on a regular basis
- Any other reasonable requests by management
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working within a similar role
- Level 3 Leadership Training
- Experience with leading teams
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to manufacturing machinery;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data
- Leads by example
- Flexibility to work additional hours when the need arises and this may include weekends.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84752743