Manufacturing Engineer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of off highway machine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the manufacture / assembly of components and systems? Have you got experience of working in a complex manufacturing environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
As the manufacturing engineer you will support manufacturing operations by resolving build quality problems, improving tools and processes and ensuring the smooth introduction of project related product changes and new features. You will investigate, plan and implement new engineering processes/methods/tooling facilities in conjunction with Manufacturing departments. Through the supply chain function you will identify and manage its supplier base both from a strategic and operational support perspective to drive best value in terms of cost, quality and service from suppliers throughout the life cycle of each product.
Being actively involved in the continuous process improvement within assembly/manufacturing you will be a key figure in your ability to:
- Identify and action waste elimination through response to Takt time variation.
- Define and implement build processes with consideration to appropriate Health & Safety and Quality standards.
- Ensure the support process documentation with particular attention to visual management techniques.
- Using a "hands on" approach you will proactively utilise both lean principles and problem solving tools and techniques within the workplace to respond to "Takt time variation", build quality issues
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems, Cost of Quality concerns and issues raised by teams on Problem and Countermeasure boards, leading problem solving teams where appropriate
- Be responsible for signing product change notifications ensuring that:
- A thorough feasibility analysis has been conducted
- Understand any implications regarding process/man assignment changes
- Highlighting tooling requirements
- Fully understanding all Health and Safety implications for any proposed change
- Fully understand any production related cost.
- Work with colleagues in all cross-functional projects to ensure smooth transition across the manufacturing facility.
- Act as the department's representative on major projects, and will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant information is transferred to the project team and back to the department.
- Although the engineer will have an area of specialism within the product range, this does not exclude them from taking ownership of issues or projects in other areas if departmental workload so dictates.
- Manufacturing Engineering degree, HND or equivalent level qualification
- Experience with industrial engineering techniques
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and use of quality analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Understanding of Jig & Tool design
- Lean methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing
- Able to work under pressure
- Good analytical skills
- Leadership qualities
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Enthusiastic & energetic attitude
- Creative flair for ideas
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.