We here at Car Parts Industries UK, based in Wednesbury in the West Midlands, are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to ensure that the manufacturing processes are optimised and that the process/produce operates at the greatest efficiency.
The position is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am and 3.30pm.
The purpose of the role is to use all aspects of ones technical knowledge to reduce salvage rates through out the business. Specific duties included in achieving this are;
- Resolving / coordinating the resolution of day to day issues that arise including BOM or components Issues
- Updating of data sheets or bulletins for the identification / communication of part specific technical details
- Updating process instructions and visual standards,
- Supporting production Team Leaders with product acceptance queries that fall outside of their technical scope
- Reduce the scrap rate on all product lines.
- Design, procure, set-up and optimise manufacturing process (from tool to method)
- Create relevant documentation such as work instructions, machine parameters, start-up sheet, packaging instruction, etc.
- Check and update Bill of Material in line with current production and any process / engineering change
- Check and update routing in line with current production and any process / engineering change
- Define testing process, facilities, and associated documents to ensure production compliancy
- Product robustness optimisation by make or buy decision
- Assess new purchased products in regards of reliability, dimensional and capability
- Train or support training process
- Be part of the problem solving and ensure Quality is integrated to the manufacturing process.
The successful candidate will have an analytical, pragmatic, cautious and reflective. This role requires an approach which supports a business drive to bring a strong quality ethos to all processes / products and working disciplines. A good strong logical mind and hands-on approach are essential to succeed in this position.
The closing date for this role is 18th February 2019, all applications should be directed to our HR Department.
For any queries on data retention please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the following link;
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84883908