We have an excellent job available for an experienced Transport Manager based in Wednesbury.
Our client runs a fleet of five 18t curtain sider vehicles from its new manufacturing facility based on the Woods Bank trading estate, Wednesbury, West Midlands. Drivers deliver wooden packaging products to a mixture of trade outlets and clients across Great Britain.
The organisation is now looking for a Transport Manager to manage the day-to-day activity of the drivers and vehicles, and also oversee sub-contractor activity. You will also be responsibility for managing the routing and scheduling of vehicles. Site Health & safety will also fall under their remit.
The successful candidate will hold the Manager’s CPC in Road Haulage and the NEBOSH General Certificate in H&S with practical experience of managing safety in an operational environment.
In the role of Transport Manager, you will
• Control delivery costs closely and work to an agreed budget
• Improve vehicle fill
• Control sub-contractor costs
• Implementing driver training to improve fuel efficiency
• Reducing vehicle damage
• Improving on-road safety
• Manage the drivers
• Act as the nominated Transport Manager
• Ensure compliance to the O Licence Undertakings
• Adhere to Maintenance intervals, defect reporting and rectification
• Drivers’ Hours and Working Time Directive
• All other aspects of legal compliance
• Ensure safe working across the fleet
• Be responsible for routing and scheduling
• Be responsible for Health & safety of the fleet and the factory
• Work to reduce operating costs including:
• Maintaining the high standard of the public perception of the company through livery and driver behaviour
• Take on responsibility for the company car fleet and the MHE fleet
For the role of Transport Manager, there is a salary on offer of circa £35,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fleet, vehicle, health & safety, transport, logistics, CPC, NEBOSH,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84880119