Maintenance Electrical Manager/ Supervisor
Maintenance Electrical Manager/ Supervisor Required.
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Dependant on experience
I am recruiting for a Maintenance Electrical Manager/ Supervisor for a well renowned company in the Tipton area. I'm looking for someone with great proven experience within this field.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To assist the Maintenance Electrical Manager/Supervisor in the management of the Maintenance Department.
- To assist in the introduction and maintenance of Planned Preventative Maintenance, with a view to moving towards Total Planned Maintenance in the future.
- To be responsible for the maintenance performance on production plants.
- To deputise for the Maintenance Electrical Manager/Supervisor
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY:
- To allocate overtime to maintenance personnel in conjunction with the Maintenance Electrical Manager
- To issue first verbal warnings in line with the Company's Disciplinary procedure in absence of Maintenance Electrical Manager
- To handle first line grievances in line with the Company's Grievance Procedure in absence of Maintenance Electrical Manager
- To order spares and parts as appropriate with in the budget guidelines with authorisation from the manager.
- To allocate and organise work for maintenance personnel and trainees as determined by the Maintenance Electrical Manager, utilising labour efficiently and effectively, including preparing rota for out of hours breakdown cover.
- To assess time scales and ensure they are adhered to as closely as possible i.e. breakdowns and installation work.
- To be involved with Root cause analysis and to guide maintenance and other appropriate personnel with regard to problem solving techniques.
- To plan and organise planned preventative maintenance system and ensure records are maintained. .
- To deputise for the Maintenance Electrical Manager when absent or instructed to do so.
- To ensure that administrative work is completed in the absence of the Maintenance Manager.
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- To ensure that stock levels are maintained for maintenance and to order stock.
- To liaise with other members of supervision accordingly.
- To make decisions when required within the parameters of the job, bearing in mind costs and efficiency.
- To guide and assist with the overall training of maintenance trainees.
- To be involved in the design and implementation of new projects
- To ensure that breakdowns are dealt with effectively and maintain records of corrective actions.
- To take overall responsibility for the improvement of OEE on production plants and ensure the awareness of maintenance personnel.
- To be available on out of hours call out as required by the Company, including preparation work prior to returning to work after shutdowns.
- To guide maintenance personnel in taking responsibility for their allocated duties.
- To prepare forward plans on a weekly/monthly basis and ensure compliance.
- To ensure that maintenance personnel carry out regular allocated safety and environment activities.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To ensure that work is carried out safely in line with H & S legislation, and the Company's safe working systems and that maintenance personnel wear the appropriate PPE at all times.
- To ensure that the Permit to Work procedure is adhered to at all times.
- To deputise for the Maintenance Electrical Manager when required to ensure the safe working of contractors.
- To ensure that all personnel within the department are made aware of their obligations under the Environmental Protection Act and are given the required training to meet these obligations.
- To ensure that all waste in minimised, segregated and disposed of in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act.
- To report any dangerous and/or unsafe activities to the Maintenance Electrical Manager or Safety Officer
- To ensure that all accidents/injuries are reported and recorded in the accident book.
You must have a full driving license or live within the Tipton area to be considered for this role.
Please send your CV in order to apply for this role, I will contact you if you are shortlisted, you can also contact Dave on 01922 723576.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84875600