We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, highly organised individual to join our busy Benefits Team, based at our Head Office in Lichfield. Reporting to the Benefits Manager, you will be managing the finances of the people we support in our busy department.
Duties to include:
- Liaising with internal/external customers including DWP, Local Authorities, People we Support and their families by phone, letter email and face to face meetings to resolve queries and other issues.
- Completing relevant forms received from DWP and Local Authorities accurately and in line with strict deadlines. Assisting Benefits Manager to implement annual increases in DWP benefit rates.
- Conducting bank statement downloads and allocation of cash manually or through automated allocation systems, and performing regular account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and resolving any issues swiftly.
- Notifying all change of circumstances accurately and ensuring all reassessments of benefits and charges are actioned in a timely manner.
- Create, maintain and close corporate bank accounts. Regularly liaising with the bank to resolve any banking queries.
- Attending meeting and training where appropriate.
- Ad Hoc duties as and when requested by the Manager of the team.
Key personal requirements:
- Needs to be organised and have good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a busy team to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good administration skills
- In return you will receive a competitive salary, 23 days annual leave + bank holidays and your birthday off, life assurance, pension contribution, access to childcare vouchers and Voyage Care's reward scheme.
Make a great career choice and apply now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.