Engineering Test Manager
Engineering Test Manager - Fixed Term Contract 12 Months
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions' innovations, products and services play essential roles in people's lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
The Engineering Test Manager (ETM) will be part of the System Integration and Test team which is responsible for verification, validation and testing of new solutions and software releases prior to deployment in the field. The team is responsible for operation and management of the reference testing environment, testing third party supplied devices and applications and supporting the engineering teams to verify products and solutions.
The ETM is required to work with a multi-discipline, multi-site programme team with responsibility for the UAT/OAT.
- Implementation of the test strategy; test planning including scheduling, resources, configuration and equipment to support the activities required to deliver testing within time, cost and quality.
- Testing will need to be planned, coordinated and performed on the test environments
- Coordinating and conduct testing in the live environment at customer sites as part of the first office application testing.
- Making decisions and take accountability for delivery of VV&T activities to facilitate service acceptance.
- On site management of fault diagnostics with suppliers / customers, implementation and testing of any resolution and communication
- Generation of test documentation for auditing purposes
- Achieving acceptance as required by customers with differing technical /operational issues
- Engineering Degree
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Building working relationships with suppliers and customers
- Proven practical experience of engineering & customer testing in an telecommunications/IT Networking environment
- Experience of field testing mobile IP data and voice communications systems and fault diagnostics
- Proven experience of building and establishing good working relationships with suppliers and customer to deliver solutions
- Ability to make decisions and provide recommendations to senior management
Candidates must only apply if have 3 years UK residency to date