Teacher of Physics / Chemistry
Teacher of Physics / Chemistry, MPS/UPS, Full Time and Permanent. In Rugby to start at Easter/September 2019.
Ashlawn School Academy Trust
TEACHER OF PHYSICS/CHEMISTRY
Job Start: EASTER/SEPTEMBER 2019
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We wish to appoint a talented teacher of Physics/Chemistry to join us from either Easter or September 2019. The Ashlawn Science department is a large, thriving department with Physics & Chemistry both taught as separate subjects in KS4 and A level as well as having a large uptake in Year 12 & Year 13.
Ashlawn students are enthusiastic, talented and keen to succeed. Young people make exceptional progress and attain outstanding outcomes in all of our many science qualifications. We passionately believe in knowledge, high standards and supporting each other to become better teachers and leaders because this is the surest way to make a difference to the life chances for young people.
Ashlawn School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive, bi-lateral school with 1875 students on roll, 426 of whom are in the Sixth Form. Following our Ofsted inspection in 2013, we were graded an "Outstanding" School in all areas. We are known for our enthusiastic and dedicated staff and students and are looking to attract likeminded individuals who have a genuine passion for educating children and are keen to inspire our students along with equipping them with the skills and knowledge to transform their lives.
The successful candidate will:
* Have a passion and dedication for teaching and learning
* A willingness to teach across the age and ability range including A-level
* A desire to constantly improve and develop your own teaching practice
* Have an understanding and appreciation of the needs of individual students
What we can offer you:
* Strong and supportive Science department, focused on continued professional development
* A wide range of teaching experiences from KS3 to KS5 for suitable candidates
* Focused career development, including peer support and mentoring
* Well behaved and motivated students who want to succeed
We are keen to welcome colleagues who share our passion for engaging students in learning and inspiring them to achieve.
* Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
* Do you have what it takes to work with a determined leadership team and staff, which promote excellence, and consistently challenge you to improve?
If so, then we welcome you to join our team at Ashlawn School.
We would also welcome any visits to our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunity available.
For further information, the application form and job description, please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details
Closing date: 12 noon on 18th January 2019
Ashlawn School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.