Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to work 1:1 with a disaffected and vulnerable Year 10 student who lives in the Telford area (TF1), for as many hours as possible per week (maximum 5 per day). The hours are flexible and can be arranged around tutor availability where possible with a usual start time of around 10am. The student has recently moved to the Telford area so the Local Authority will be looking for a new school place for him; therefore the tuition will be required until a new school place is sought.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A Teacher with either QTS or PTLLS/DTLLS qualifications, or a confident TA with experience of planning and delivering lessons
- Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with a student who may be very disengaged from education and also very vulnerable with possible Attachment Difficulties
- Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
- Someone who can act as a positive role model to help the student re-engage with his education; he is currently very disengaged so we are needing someone very creative and adaptable
- Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help the student to make academic progress
- Someone willing to support with the transition into a new school provision, managing anxiety and behaviour accordingly as this will be a stressful time for the student
For additional information about this role, please contact Chloe Moffatt on as soon as possible or click apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.