Bank Healthcare Assistant, Stanley House
Stanley House offers a multi-disciplinary approach to its long term care provision and provides the specialised care and expert therapeutic interventions required for people affected by the majority of known neurological conditions who require a home from home setting.
About The Site
Address: Bosbury, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR8 1HB
Services: Neurological Complex Care
Patients: Male and Female/Adults 18+
Salary per hour - £8.94 - £10.02*Our Bank Care Assistant role involves:
- Acting as a key-worker for a group of residents under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Providing the highest standards of holistic care and attention for the residents.
- Participating fully in the overall care of the residents.
- Assisting with washing, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene as per care plan.
- Assisting preparing meals and drinks as necessary.
- Assisting in maintaining safe levels of care and ensuring safe practice.
- Helping provide essential physical and mental stimulation by participating in recreational and social activities with residents individually, or in a group.
- Assisting in maintaining accurate records in accordance with registration and legal requirements.
- Carrying out instructions by senior staff in an efficient and conscientious manner.
- Attending staff training, staff meetings and mandatory training.
- Reporting any accidents relating to staff and/or residents as per procedures.
- Ensuring that the Company Policy on confidentiality is upheld.
- Being respectful and courteous when dealing with colleagues relatives and other public and professional people.
- Being prepared to undertake any aspects of care or non-caring duties as requested by Nurse in Charge.
- Assisting with and facilitating the welcoming and training of new staff members.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working Environment by ensuring adherence to Care Services Health & Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
- Whistleblowing if witness bad practice or harm to a resident within the home.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 70 services strategically placed across England and Wales