Temporary Support Technologist (Maternity Cover)
Temporary Support Technologist (maternity cover)
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Sequani is a well-established contract research organisation, involved principally in the conduct of non-clinical toxicology studies for our world-wide client base. As a Silver Investor in People organisation, we are confident that we can offer a varied role, together with a good range of company benefits.
The Pathology Services team are responsible for carrying out the necropsy of animals, recording macroscopic abnormalities and the collection of tissues for subsequent microscopic examination to determine whether the test item has had any effect on the tissues.
The role involves carrying out many varied necropsy and foetal pathology procedures. You must have a good standard of numeracy and literacy for this role and be able to follow instructions from a study plan and standard operating procedures.
You will receive training in all the relevant techniques and procedures within the department.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Performing routine basic preparation of consumables, fixatives and reagents for animal necropsies, and assisting in the processing of embryo-foetal specimens.
- Performing dissection and weighing of fixed animal tissues under supervision.
- Performing general laboratory duties including cleaning and upkeep of facilities, stock control and ordering, monitoring of fridges and freezers and archiving of study materials.
- Performing non-routine tasks such as freezing animal tissues, homogenization of animal tissue samples and processing of blood samples under supervision.
- Using on-line data capture system.
- Demonstrates quality and production competencies.
- Under guidance will comply with Health and Safety and GLP legislation and guidelines.
- Reads and complies with SOPs and Policies and Procedures related to the work they are conducting and the position they hold.
- Develops a good working relationship with team members and senior staff within the department.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a positive professional attitude to meet business requirements.
We are prepared to consider applicants who are seeking a career change, looking for their first career role, including applicants with or without laboratory experience as full training will be provided.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Demonstrates an ability to learn
- Good manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Previous experience within a laboratory environment
- Ideally 5 GCSE level passes (C or above or equivalent) including a science subject, Maths and English
If you are interested in this role please click the apply now button to submit your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84783867