Operating in all corners of the globe, employing nearly 20,000 employees this specialist supplier of specialised automotive components now urgently require an experience Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their knowledgeable team.
The successful candidate will provide electrical and mechanical support across a 3 shift system. A background in both electrical & mechanical engineering is required as is the ability to fault find using PLC's (ideally Siemens or Mitsubishi). Any working knowledge of ABB robots and/or water cutting technology would be desirable, but not a pre-requisite.
- Diagnose and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently
- Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems
- Plan and implement equipment improvement
- Ensure that all processes meet health and safety requirements and that procedures are followed
- Carry out planned maintenance work
- Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
- Contribute to cost reduction projects
- To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture
- Background working within fast-paced or high pressure manufacturing environment - automotive ideal
- Apprenticeship in either electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics - background working with steam would be highly beneficial
- PLC fault finding experience is essential for the role - ideally Siemens or Mitsubishi
In return, the company offer a competitive salary and shift allowance, good overtime rates and private company pension as well as fantastic training/progression opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business who are able to provide a strong career path within a technologically advanced environment.
For further information call Michal on . Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Located in the West Midlands, this role is commutable from within and around the following areas: Stafford, Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving GBP500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.