Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, Events and Exhibitions
or Client Development Manager
"All Progress takes place outside the comfort zone!"
Are you looking for a new a new business role for a global exhibitions, marketing and events company - to manage and maintain the relationship with the client, with the potential to develop new business? This role is for you!
This is a new business role within the events and exhibitions sector, and any business successfully closed you will be expected to manage and maintain the relationship throughout the lifespan of the client. This is a full-time role with the purpose of developing new business opportunities by building the company's CRM database. This will assist you in achieving and exceeding target which will form part of your KPI. New business opportunities will be generated by means of event research,
face to face event prospecting, telephone calls to targeted industry sectors to enhance the development of the business pipeline. Due to the nature of the role, the requirement to travel overseas, work additional hours when authorised to necessitate the needs of the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of business development manager:
- Generate revenue of GBP600,000.00 new business from qualified, self-generated
- Build and develop new contacts, pipeline opportunities within the company CRM
- Diarise new business calls and follow up in line with the company's show prospect/forecast
- Attend pre-arrange meetings for specific show walking in line with the company's industry sector
- Produce and distribute show walking reports after each event prospecting visit and
record entries of new contacts within the company's CRM database.
- Monitor and report weekly on activities and provide relevant information based on
pipeline and existing business status to Sales Director.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate
methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable
- Attend weekly Team meetings and report activity.
- Continued self-development within the role.
- Attending training programmes in accordance with effective performance of the current
- Quarterly reviews with Sales Director on performance against sales and DSA company
- Excellent communications both written and verbal to Management level
- Consultative approach to a complex sale
- Numerical skills
- Literacy skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Influence and Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of all Microsoft products, Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and database
- Demonstrate confidence and take ownership of the Business Development role at
- Sales business development experience ideally from within a creative/agency
- Understanding of marketing desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed
- Understand and adopt safe working practise
- Adhere to all company policies, guidelines in line with the employee and health and
- To project a smart, professional business like image at all times
- Honest, ethical with high performance standards with a 'hands on' attitude/approach
- To be proactive in all aspects of the job role
- To be responsible for own self development
- Helpful, pleasant and optimistic
- Minimal supervision
1. 100% accuracy on completing data with the CRM database
2. Sales opportunities pipeline within CRM database to be kept up to date daily with
3. Accurate qualification of prospects - need to ensure we are speaking with the
4. Minimum of achieving 100% against quarterly and annual target.
- Report and attending a weekly meeting with Sales Director.
This role would also suit:
Business Development Manager Events, Business Development Manager Exhibitions, Sales Event Manager, Business Development Executive, BDM, Sales Account Manager, Sales Account Executive, Event Manager Sales, Sales Event Co-ordinator, Events Sales Manager, Exhibition Sales Manager, Exhibit Sales Manager, Sales Manager Events, Sales Account Manager, Client Account Manager, Client Manager, Relationship Manager, Account Development Manager, Sales Relationship Manager Events, Client Development Manager
kBusiness Development Manager Events, Business Development Manager Exhibitions, Sales Event Manager, Business Development Executive, BDM, Sales Account Manager, Sales Account Executive, Event Manager Sales, Sales Event Co-ordinator, Events Sales Manager, Exhibition Sales Manager, Exhibit Sales Manager, Sales Manager Events, Sales Account Manager, Client Account Manager, Client Manager, Relationship Manager, Account Development Manager, Sales Relationship Manager Events, Client Development Manager