Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter you'll be responsible for the maintenance of a broad range of diverse steel manufacturing machinery, involving light to medium mechanical fitting work and basic electrical tasks. You'll also be responsible for the daily maintenance of factory, office and building facilities, and the sourcing, purchasing and replenishment of machine spares. The shift pattern for this role is 8am - 5pm daily, however you will be on call for breakdowns for a premium salary. Training and support will be provided within the role.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out mechanical maintenance, including fitting guards, bearings, motors and gearboxes
- Marking out, drilling and tapping with general hand/power tools
- Troubleshooting and resolving reported problems
- Carrying out small fabrication and welding tasks
What will I need to be considered for this Maintenance Mechanical Fitter vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter, gained within a manufacturing environment
- City & Guilds qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to work on and progress multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team, take direction, and work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude