JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: JUNIOR DRAFTSMAN
JOB TITLE: JUNIOR DRAFTSMAN
HOURS: FULL TIME
SALARY: GBP17,000.00 - GBP20,000.00 p/a (depending on experience)
THE COMPANY: Our client is an international institution of training equipment. Original in design and manufacture, they provide bespoke functional fitness solutions and certificated training to the military, uniformed services, professional sports clubs, educational establishments, health clubs and more, globally.
The company grew out of a personal passion for the toughest endurance-based fitness training, our client has gone on to be a world leader in the production of training equipment.
THE ROLE: Our client requires a junior design engineer / draftsman who is a motivated individual to support their engineering and modelling activities with concept designs, renderings and manufacturing drawings.
Working predominately in SolidWorks, the successful candidate will be trained and developed in both creation of 3D models & technical drawings in order to support the existing team.
Are you/Do you have:
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience or familiarity with CAD modelling
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A recognised industry related apprenticeship / degree
- Some experience with a design role if preferable
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers
Key Responsibilities of the job role to include: -
- Assisting the sales team by developing 3D models of concept designs
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Preparing manufacturing drawings with the latest CAD software
- Rendering designs for tender proposals
- Working closely with the production team to develop new and existing products
In return, we can offer you: -
- A competitive salary
- Training opportunities
Does this sound like you? To apply for the role please hit the "apply now" button and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.