Finance Coordinator| Newport, Shropshire Area |£16,500-£22,000
An amazing opportunity to join a professional Finance Team on a permanent basis
Working in partnership with Seymour John, my client are looking to hire a Finance Coordinator to work as part of their busy and friendly accounts department.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting budgets and forecasting for the departments
? Reconciling expenditure and income for the relevant project coding
? Checking and reviewing financial transactions and reports, amending where necessary before final review by budget holder
? Handling internal queries in relation to transactions and systems/processes
- Provide financial system support to departments
? Reviewing Purchase Order commitments and making necessary amendments for each department
? Identify where financial reports can be modified/created to assist project analysis
- Support the continuous improvement of integrated, efficient financial processes and reports
?Proactively planning monthly timetable of work with designated budget holders for monitoring commitments, expenditure and income.
?Proactively contributing to process improvement for the departments; streamlining existing and recommending new processes for improved financial reporting and analysis e.g. tracking costs and income.
? Processing new supplier forms
? Maintaining the fixed asset register
The ideally candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Intermediate Excel skills and an understanding of windows based accounting software, good numeracy and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with budget holders, colleagues, suppliers and customers whilst maintaining a level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of business activities, suppliers, customers, accounting procedures/systems, budgets/cost centres and VAT rates.
- Knowledge, understanding and prior experience of finance processes
- Accuracy, attention to detail, confidentiality, good numeracy and analytical skills