Assistant Accountant £20,000 - £23,000 Sutton Coldfield
This Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant position is an opportunity for someone looking to step up their responsibilities and develop their career. This role would be best suited to somebody part of fully AAT qualified.
- Responsible for the production of key statistics on a weekly basis for distribution across the business.
- Responsible for the production of monthly MI reports such as headcount reconciliation and KPI reports and assisting with compilation of surveyor MI statistics.
- Involvement in month end processes to include; reconciliation of intercompany transactions, completion of control account reconciliations, management of prepayments, posting of journals and management of journal log and any other task to support month end reporting.
- Processing of authorised capital expenditure invoices, ensuring correct authorisation & coding, and the accuracy, maintenance and reconciliation of the fixed asset register.
- Co-ordination of authorized PI payments, ensuring correct authorisation & coding and assisting with the processing of PI queries.
- Responsible for the daily upload and revenue recognition process.
- Assisting with the issuing of invoices and billing statements to clients and reconciling of accounts, resolving of queries in respect of sales ledger transactions when necessary.
- Holiday cover/assistance for other tasks including processing of daily fastracks (panel valuer invoices), responding to fastrack related queries (including maintenance of query log) and recording, posting and reconciliation of cash payments and receipts, as required.
- Assisting with enquiries and other ad hoc requests from S&V Head of Finance, S&V Board and/or Group Finance Team.
Profile / Skills
- Working towards a finance qualification (ACCA, or CIMA)
- High standard of Education (preferably AAT qualified/relevant degree obtained)
- Previous relevant experience in a busy finance department would be of great advantage.
- enthusiastic, reliable and keen to learn
- able to work to deadlines
- proficient user of Excel
- personable with good communication skills
Modern office environment and a friendly team atmosphere - immediate interview is available. Please do not delay applying for the role.