Planning Control Officer
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Planning Control Officer to join their team ASAP for a 3 month contract with possible extension.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, at a rate of £15.10 per hour PAYE.
- To process more complex planning applications related to the provision of the Council's development control service
- To provide professional advice, and where appropriate, technical support in the establishment of new information technology systems to promote the efficiency of the development control service, including liaison with other sections
- Preparation of Board reports setting out the proposal, background, relevant planning policies, comments of consultees and interested parties, observations on the merits of the proposal, and the recommendation
- Preparing written representations and proofs of evidence setting out the considerations which led the Council to its decision, and giving evidence as a professional witness at planning and enforcement inquiries
- Initiating and preparing surveys for Tree Preservation Orders, preparing observations on Vehicle Operators' Licences and other matters related to development control.
- A record of involvement with major applications
- Experience of acting as a Council witness
- Experience within a Planning Control environment
- MRTPI professional qualification
- Degree in Planning or other related subject.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84826815