Are you looking for a new role where you can apply your previous housing experience?
Would you like the opportunity to do this whilst working for the leading provider in the Housing Care sector?
If so, we are currently looking to recruit a dedicated Housing Assistant to provide an efficient and caring enhanced housing management service at our Verona Court Housing Scheme in New Park Village, Wolverhampton. This is a 20 hour per week contract and you will receive a competitive salary of £9,646pa plus excellent benefits package which includes;
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BUPA and Health Sure cash plan
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
Here at ExtraCare we offer our residents access to outstanding retirement villages and housing schemes, promoting care and lifestyle opportunities that truly do create ‘better lives for older people’. We are committed to offering fulfilling and worthwhile careers to all our staff – enabling you to deliver the quality of service we promise.
We have 40 homes. Dependent on circumstances we can support people with significant assessed care needs, including dementia. Residents who do not currently have any care requirements are also very welcome.
Anyone 55 and over is eligible to apply for a home at Verona Court. Priority is given to local residents or people who have a local connection.
What will you do as our Housing Assistant?
- Provide help, support and advice to residents, whilst meeting the requirements of the ExtraCare Charitable Trust.
- Arrange to visit each resident or household on a regular basis to assess property condition, and ensure conditions are being adhered to.
- Provide advice to residents on maintaining tenancy / lease conditions.
- Establish and maintain good relations with recognised Residents Associations, providing a supporting role to their effective running.
- Advise residents on issues relating to their personal safety and well-being.
- Adhere to legal and regulatory requirements for our housing and care obligations.
- Attend regular 1:1 supervisions and annual Performance Development,
Our ideal Housing Assistant will:
- Have previous housing experience is essential
- Be confident using your own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a flexible approach.
Don’t miss out! Click ‘apply’ now to make a difference to the lives of older people as our Housing Assistant.
This Housing Assistant post may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.