Planning & Forecasting Analyst Customer Experience - Wednesbury
Planning and Forecasting Analyst (Customer Experience) – Wednesbury
About the Customer Experience Team:
The recently formed Customer Experience team has been established to drive the simplification of our customer processes and deliver a great customer experience to new and existing customers of the Smiths News brand. We currently serve approximately 30,000 customers across both multiple and independent retail segments and handle in excess of 50,000 calls every week through our customer contact centres.
About the Planning and Forecasting Analyst Role:
Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Experience, we are looking for a Planning and Forecasting Analyst to primarily provide a strategic and tactical planning/resourcing capability within the Customer Experience function for Smiths News. You will be responsible for all aspects of reporting and analysis and be accountable for the operational management of the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system, ensuring consistency of application of customer messages.
This role will hold responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing a planning, scheduling and reporting control capability for the Customer Experience area
- Centrally plan the effective utilisation of Contact Centre & New Selling Point (NSP) resource in line with the workload; including calls, emails, multi media contacts and customer administration across the area
- Develop the workforce planning capability to produce resource plans and shift patters across the area
- Establish a tracking and measurement process to ensure progress is monitored and reviewed against the strategy, operational plans and achievements of KPI’s
- Co-ordinate the monthly reporting activity for the function ensuring timely production of reports and alignment with key meeting deadlines
You’ll be able to evidence:
- Experience of MI reporting and planning within a contact centre environment
- Strong analytical skills and able to distil complex data into insight for business use
- Computer literate and comfortable in the use of technology and IT systems, including a high degree of knowledge of MS Office (in particular MS Excel)
- The ability to work proactively, independently and self-motivate
- Ability to develop and implement planning/scheduling processes
- Experience of working with and influencing internal and external senior business stakeholders
- Passionate and driven by delivering for the customer with a background in delivery within a fast paces customer-focused business
- An awareness of IT and telephony systems
- Previous contact centre planning and scheduling experience
- An understanding of Telephony routing and reporting
- Experience of managing IVR scripting, queue messages and support processes
- Experience using workforce management software solutions and real time schedules in the contact centre
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Instore.
- Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share;
- Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content;
- Instore, a field based supply chain solution, offering tailored services for clients in Field Marketing and Merchandising, Supply Chain Auditing and Self Compliance for a range of categories including news and magazines, entertainment, games, books and stationery, lottery and mobile networks as well as fresh produce.
- Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers