Bookkeeper x2 - Leamington GBP Depending on Experience
We have an an exciting career opportunity for a bookkeeper to work for a ever growing practice in a fast-growing bookkeeping department.
As a bookkeeper you will have experience in general bookkeeping and accounts, including payroll, in order to take responsibility for the accounting functions of external Clients.
This is a client facing role and as such you will attend meetings on customers' business premises.
What you'll need to succeed:
You must have previous experience in the below duties in a similar all-round bookkeeping or Virtual Finance Officer position. AAT/ACCA qualified, however, those qualified by experience will be considered as well.
You will need excellent communication skills due to the client facing nature of the role with the ability to work well in high pressure situations to deadlines, and be able to work on your own initiative.
A driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
To be successful in this role it is vital that you have experience working on multiple sets of Client accounts and on a daily basis your duties will include:
- Processing purchase & sales invoices
- Reconciling supplier and bank statements
- Submitting VAT returns
- Sales and purchase ledgers
- Prepayments and accruals
- Attending client meetings
- Dealing directly with clients, both at the office and at client's premises
- Resolving payment queries
- Producing reports
- Handling account related queries
- Production of monthly management accounts
- A minimum of 18 months practical experience within a similar role ideally in a firm of Accountants
- Experience of processing high volumes of invoices
- Knowledge of Payroll and associated tasks
- Strong knowledge of cloud based accounting systems such as Xero
- Proven levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
- Self organised
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.