Finance Business Partner / Commercial Business Controller
Our client is an instantly-recognisable brand name with a global presence. It has an enviable history and the brightest of commercial futures.
Due to continued success and an impressive market share, they are now looking to acquire the services of a Finance Business Partner / Commercial Business Controller to join the established team. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will support the UK and Ireland markets in achieving financial targets and help increase profitability. You will partner Commercial Directors in order to support business challenges, monitor commercial risks and provide reliable forecasting based on known considerations.
If you are a qualified accountant looking to take a more commercial role, partnering the business and effecting commercial decisions, then this may well be the role for you.
Our client offers a competitive salary and multiple benefits including free gym and sauna, subsidised canteen and coffee shop, cycle to work, private health care, pension, annual bonus and 25 days holiday. Their working week is Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours (e.g. 8:30-16:30.)
- To ensure that the relevant commercial business area is appropriately challenged from Business Control.
- To assess, analyse, monitor and control associated risks within the relevant commercial area.
- To ensure that relevant chapters of the Group Sales business manual are in place and to monitor those activities so that they are conducted in line with authorised limits.
- To ensure that relevant commercial provisions and support documentation of those provisions are complete and accurate according to standards.
- To perform monthly, quarterly and annually closing tasks to deliver timely, accurate and complete financial reporting data.
- To ensure compliance with estimate schedule and prepare all relevant material to support BC Reporting & Planning,
- To provide adhoc analysis for the UK & Ireland Business Control Director
- To support the closing of Internal Audit identified internal control weaknesses and ACC during External Auditors audits.
- There will be occasional travel required within the UK and Ireland.
Required skills & experience:
- A qualified Accountant - ACCA, ACMA or ACA
- Proven experience in a similar finance role (CBC or FBP) including forecasting and budgeting which is essential and this will ideally have been gained within a large, recognisable, corporate environment as opposed to an SME.
- Ability to challenge at all levels, communicate and present well.
- Time and priority management skills, able to work under pressure.
- Strong commercial mind-set combined with analytical ability.
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel (advanced), Essbase.