Up to GBP24,000p/a depending on experience
35 hour week - Mon - Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm
Main purpose of the role:
Working with the Senior Finance Officer, in a timely manner, the Assistant Accountant will maintain accurate financial record
• Update cash book on a daily basis and reconcile against bank statements.
• Preparation of monthly payroll - including input, reporting and associated tasks e.g. P11d, P60 & P45 information and completing end of year processes.
• Monthly reconciliations for selected balance sheet accounts.
• Raise various sales invoices, deal with disputes or queries and ensure timely collection of all outstanding debts.
• Preparation and analysis of comparative data.
• Preparation of suggested BACS payments, and dispatch of approved remittances.
• Maintenance and input of monthly petty cash postings ready for checking.
• Support colleagues during peak periods:
o Input entries into accounting system (Opera) including payroll, nominal, sales and purchase ledgers as required.
o Purchasing function (issue of purchase orders, review of purchase requisitions and pricing)
o Administration of the Trust's Safeguarding Checks e.g. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
• Carry out any other tasks commensurate with duties, as directed by the Senior Finance Office.
Person Specification :
• Intermediate/advanced Excel user (minimum vlookups, pivot tables)
• Excellent administrator with excellent organisational skills with a fastidious approach to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Self-starter used to working in a pressured environment with tight deadlines.
• Able to use own initiative and problem-solve appropriately.
• Ability to work effectively as member of a team
• Demonstrate a commitment to quality excellence
• High levels of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
• Willingness to learn and develop within the role
- Competitive Salary
- 35-hour week
- 24 days holiday + 2 after 2 years' service
- Private Medical Insurance