Senior Contracts Manager
Management responsability of contract managers
Optimising the value to the organisation
- Identification and protection of NHS IP, and achieve compliance with licenses and IP laws and regulations (know-how, copyright, trademarks, designs and patents).
- Optimising the value to the organisation of NHS's own IP and use of IP belonging to third parties or jointly owned IP
- Drafting and negotiation of research, supply, manufacturing, testing and licensing agreements that meet professional standards.
- Provision of advice to colleagues on complex IP and contractual matters.
- Address the findings raised through the internal audit report.
- Day to day management of Contract Manager(s)
Skills and Abilities
- Be highly articulate and credible, consistently influencing and delivering inspiring, engaging, and meaningful information regarding future direction
- Build collaborative relationships and solve issues by engaging the right people at the right time
- Lead the team, accepting responsibility for achievement of business objectives and creating a shared sense of ownership for service delivery
- Engage widely with customers to seek input into setting strategic objectives and identifying new ideas and improved ways of working
- Demonstrate strong leadership, influence, and accountability for the achievement of results
Qualifications and Training
- Masters qualification OR equivalent in legal studies or contracting law and principles OR equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of experience and formal/informal study or by examination of a professional body
- Master of Law (LLM) OR equivalent in Intellectual Property and principles OR equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of experience and formal/informal study or by examination of a professional body
- Demonstrate commitment to own Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in contract preparation and negotiation, including drafting legal terms and conditions and improving standard agreements to minimise risk and enhance clarity
- Extensive experience in Intellectual Property, including drafting licence agreements to maximise income
- Experience of analysing financial contract monitoring data and implications of contract rebasing
- Awareness of the value and purpose of both IP and compliance to the business and the associated information risks
- Knowledge of working with EU directives and relevant legislation, standards and guidelines
- Good understanding of NHS contracting environment would be desirable
A competitive salary
The ability to make a difference